- ¡Intentar construir su término de la búsqueda una a la vez, y ser tan específico como usted puede! Buscar el ejemplo del término: “tos crónica”.
- No incorporar los resultados múltiples tales como "anemia, tos crónica, pérdida de peso, vomitando" todos al mismo tiempo.
- Después de seleccionar su término de la búsqueda resulta una lista de diagnosis posibles será generada. Si la lista es demasiado larga, usted podrá enangostarla abajo incorporando términos adicionales.
- No incorporar los valores tales como "ritmo 110 del corazón" o "sodio 125", en lugar uso "taquicardia" o "hyponatremia".
Información de la droga para Losartan Potassium (Physicians Total Care, Inc.): PATIENT INFORMATION ABOUT LOSARTAN POTASSIUM TABLETS USP
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PATIENT INFORMATION ABOUT LOSARTAN POTASSIUM TABLETS USP
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg
Read the Patient Information that comes with losartan potassium tablets USP before you start taking them and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This leaflet does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your condition and treatment.
What is the most important information I should know about losartan potassium tablets USP?
Do not take losartan potassium tablets USP if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Losartan potassium tablets USP can harm your unborn baby causing injury and even death. Stop taking losartan potassium tablets USP if you become pregnant and call your doctor right away. If you plan to become pregnant, talk to your doctor about other treatment options before taking losartan potassium tablets USP.
What are losartan potassium tablets USP?
Losartan potassium tablets USP are a prescription medicine called an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). They are used:
- alone or with other blood pressure medicines to lower high blood pressure (hypertension).
- to lower the chance of stroke in patients with high blood pressure and a heart problem called left ventricular hypertrophy. Losartan potassium tablets USP may not help Black patients with this problem.
Losartan potassium tablets USP have not been studied in children less than 6 years old or in children with certain kidney problems.
High Blood Pressure (hypertension). Blood pressure is the force in your blood vessels when your heart beats and when your heart rests. You have high blood pressure when the force is too much. Losartan potassium tablets USP can help your blood vessels relax so your blood pressure is lower.
Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH) is an enlargement of the walls of the left chamber of the heart (the heart’s main pumping chamber). LVH can happen from several things. High blood pressure is the most common cause of LVH.
Who should not take losartan potassium tablets USP?
- Do not take losartan potassium tablets USP if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in losartan potassium tablets USP. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients in losartan potassium tablets USP.
What should I tell my doctor before taking losartan potassium tablets USP?
Tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions including if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. See “What is the most important information I should know about losartan potassium tablets USP?”
- are breast-feeding. It is not known if losartan potassium passes into your breast milk. You should choose either to take losartan potassium tablets USP or breast-feed, but not both.
- are vomiting a lot or having a lot of diarrhea
- have liver problems
- have kidney problems
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Losartan potassium tablets USP and certain other medicines may interact with each other. Especially tell your doctor if you are taking:
- potassium supplements
- salt substitutes containing potassium
- water pills (diuretics)
- medicines used to treat pain and arthritis, called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including COX-2 inhibitors.
How should I take losartan potassium tablets USP?
- Take losartan potassium tablets USP exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor may change your dose if needed.
- Losartan potassium tablets USP can be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is close to your next dose, do not take the missed dose. Just take the next dose at your regular time.
- If you take too many losartan potassium tablets USP, call your doctor or Poison Control Center, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
What are the possible side effects of losartan potassium tablets USP?
Losartan potassium tablets USP may cause the following side effects that may be serious:
- Injury or death of unborn babies. See “What is the most important information I should know about losartan potassium tablets USP?”
- Allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction are swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue. Get emergency medical help right away and stop taking losartan potassium tablets USP.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension). Low blood pressure may cause you to feel faint or dizzy. Lie down if you feel faint or dizzy. Call your doctor right away.
- For people who already have kidney problems, you may see a worsening in how well your kidneys work. Call your doctor if you get swelling in your feet, ankles, or hands, or unexplained weight gain.
The most common side effects of losartan potassium tablets USP in people with high blood pressure are:
- “colds” (upper respiratory infection)
- stuffy nose
- back pain
Tell your doctor if you get any side effect that bothers you or that won’t go away.
This is not a complete list of side effects. For a complete list, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How do I store losartan potassium tablets USP?
- Store losartan potassium tablets USP at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
- Keep losartan potassium tablets USP in a tightly closed container that protects the medicine from light.
- Keep losartan potassium tablets USP and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General information about losartan potassium tablets USP
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for conditions that are not mentioned in patient information leaflets. Do not use losartan potassium tablets USP for a condition for which they were not prescribed. Do not give losartan potassium tablets USP to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. They may harm them.
This leaflet summarizes the most important information about losartan potassium tablets USP. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about losartan potassium tablets USP that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in losartan potassium tablets USP?
Active ingredients: losartan potassium, USP
Inactive ingredients: D&C Yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C Blue #2/indigo carmine aluminum lake, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, pregelatinized starch, talc, and titanium dioxide. Additionally, 50 mg and 100 mg tablets contain FD&C Yellow #6/sunset yellow FCF aluminum lake.
Manufactured In Israel By:
TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL IND. LTD.
Jerusalem, 91010, Israel
TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA
Sellersville, PA 18960
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).